SCE Health Services
Hamilton Southeastern Schools values the health and safety of all of our staff and students. A full-time registered nurse serves each school building. The role of the school nurse is to care for students who have been injured or become ill during the school day, as well as to facilitate care of students with acute or chronic health conditions.
Meet your SCE Nurse, Tricia Cline!
I have been a pediatric nurse for 16 years, I went to IU, and I have 2 kids who are both in the HSE school system, one is a senior and one is a fifth grader, and in my spare time, I really enjoy reading historical fiction.
The School Nurse is responsible for:
- Administration of medications
- Management of medical conditions that occur during the school day including, but not limited to asthma, severe allergies, diabetes, and seizures
- Assessment, care and treatment of minor illnesses and injury that may occur during the school day
- Health Counseling
- Prevention and Control of communicable diseases
- Monitoring immunizations for each student as required by the State of Indiana
- Health screening for students including vision
You can also reference our District Health Services page for more information.
If you have questions that are not included on our District Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page, please contact your building nurse for assistance.