Academic Advising at HSE Schools
Academic advising is an important step in the education process. It is a chance for counselors, faculty, parents and other caring adults to partner with students in a discovery process. Successful academic advising encourages students to take ownership of their academic journey by:
• Exploring dreams and passion areas
• Considering individual learning styles – highlighting strengths and opportunities
• Identifying short-term and long term goals and the accompanying academic plans
• Learning about available programs, courses and opportunities
• Developing successful time management, organization, and study skills
Make sure to learn more about academic advising at your individual school website, but here are a few of the areas that academic advising can assist students in determining
• How can I learn about additional academic support and resources like high ability or exceptional learners?
• How can I apply classroom learning to a real world experience?
• What classes or courses are offered at my school?
• What is the difference between AP, honors, and dual credit?
• What is a four year plan?
• What is the right diploma track for me?
• What is a pathway?
• Can I graduate from high school with college diploma or career certificate?